Fittings Unlimited Inc. – Supporting Custom Hose Tech’s Unlimited Service
At Custom Hose Tech it’s our mission to provide walk-in and onsite service for all sizes and types of hydraulic and industrial hoses and fittings. When you’re covering the entire Twin Cities metro area with a walk-in store in Minneapolis and 24/7 mobile service that can be a pretty tall order.
The variety of industrial, construction, material handling, and agricultural equipment requiring our hydraulic repair and fabrication services requires a wholesale supplier with an expansive inventory of adapters and fittings so we can keep your downtime to the absolute minimum. One of the supply side resources we’ve come to rely on is Fittings Unlimited Incorporated, FUI.
The History of Fittings Unlimited Incorporated
Fittings Unlimited Inc. was founded in 1985 by Henry Y. Shallcross. Since then the company has been serving the hydraulic industry by providing high-quality fittings and adapters from locations in Ohio, Texas, Utah, and Canada, and according to FUI’s current president William Shallcross, more locations are to come.
As adapter and fitting specialists, the industry leading company’s wide range of inventory, including both domestic and imported products, gives us the versatility we need to handle all metric and American hydraulic hose repairs, as well as custom fabrication for unusual applications.
FUI and The Extensive Custom Hose Tech Inventory
When you take time out of your busy work schedule to pick up a replacement fitting you don’t want to have to order and wait through delays for shipment while your machine is down, or waste the valuable time of day running to various hose shops trying to lay hands on the critical parts you need.
Fittings Unlimited adapters and fittings in our stock help us help you. When you call for onsite repair service we can roll out one of our multiple large service units with the confidence that we’ll have the necessary parts on board to get your machine up and running again. FUI parts enable us to keep our mobile units complete so you can avoid getting stuck with one man in a half-stocked van as can be the case with some other hydraulic repair companies.
The FUI Lineup of Adapters and Fittings
A quick perusal of the FUI online index shows the incredible selection we have available to us to handle all of the Twin Cities’ hydraulic maintenance needs. The adapters and fittings category at FUI includes:
- Steel Adapters– A full line of domestic, import, flareless, and O-ring face seal fittings including JIC-SAE tube fittings, pipe fittings and unions, and plastic caps and plugs for tube and pipe.
- Stainless Steel Adapters– International conversion adapters, hose ends, and push connects.
- Brass Fittings- An incredible line of 36 products for maintenance of air brakes and fuel lines, gas bottle fittings, even DOT approved push connects to name just a few.
- Aluminum Adapters- Imported adjustable and O-ring fittings, beaded hose adapters, and pipe and tube fittings.
- International and Conversion Adapters- British parallel pipe, British standard taper, Japanese industrial standard, Komatsu, metric, metric flareless, and metric taper.
- Mining Adapters- Ball valve, high-pressure ball valve in the staple adapter line including stainless steel, steel, and zinc
- Quick Connect Couplers- 30 products covering everything from 10,000 psi industrial hydraulics to refrigeration, fluid transfer, and agricultural interchange connect under pressure.
- Live Swivels- steel, stainless steel, O-ring face seal, dual plane 90 degree 3,000psi, and parallel plane 180 degree 3,000 psi.
FUI Hydraulic Accessories
Along with their massive inventory of fittings and adapters, FUI has a fine lineup of tools and accessories to get hydraulic repair jobs done right the first time including:
- O-Ring Kit
- Hydraulic Tubing Tools
- Hose Protection
- International Thread ID Kit
- Digital Calipers
- Bend – King Hydraulic Tube Bender
- NPT/UN Thread Identification Kit
Custom Fabrication and More at Custom Hose Tech
With reliable high-quality suppliers such as Fittings Unlimited Inc. on our side, we can cover a huge variety of manufactured fitting demands. We also carry Volvo, Lull, CAT, Kubota, Komatsu, Linkbelt, Case, Dynapac, Fuchs, Grove, Hitachi, Liebherr, New Holland Clark, Toyota, John Deere, Terex, Pioneer, Stucchi, Ryco, Couplematic, Parker, Holmbury, Weatherhead, Gates, and Adaptall.
We have the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) replacement hoses and fittings available to maintain all of these industry-leading brands. If parts are out of production, don’t worry, the expert fabrication technicians at Custom Hose Tech have you covered.
We offer custom fabrication with small batch reproduction. We can work from your original parts, to develop fabrications which are precision machined and brazed with high-quality silver for maximum reliability in high-pressure applications. We don’t weld or silver solder.
Our Custom Fabrication shop can produce:
- Power steering hoses
- Proprietary adapters & hose fittings
- Non manufactured fittings
- Non-standard hose fittings
- Custom applications
Emergency Service 24/7
We’re always on standby with our efficient 24 hours, 7 days per week emergency service, with fully stocked complete mobile units ready to roll whenever you need to get your machines repaired and back to operational status as soon as possible. With our mobile units strategically located throughout the Twin Cities region, we can usually be onsite within an hour. Our customers can count on receiving an accurate ETA when they call for emergency repairs.
We can provide non-standard fittings fabrication onsite when required, as well as bin filling and prototyping services. We can handle everything from 1/8 inch inside diameter to 2 inch ID 5,000 PSI hoses, fittings, and quick couplers. Our mobile technicians have accumulated multiple years of technical experience and as a result, you can rely on their professionalism and expertise. What may seem to be a major repair project for your crew is all in a day’s work for the expert technicians at Custom Hose Tech.
Plan Ahead and Save With Our Preventative Maintenance Program
If you have machines in inactive status it’s a great time to take advantage of Custom Hose Tech’s preventative maintenance program. As long as we can coordinate the work schedules when the work will be performed special labor rates, product discounts, and free service calls can be applied as part of your preventative maintenance plan. At Custom Hose Tech we are always flexible to suit your scheduling needs, so don’t hesitate to contact us.